I
find it interesting that you think the next person that Rodia is going to be is
Luzhin. It’s kind of funny actually considering that he is blatantly obnoxious
about his wealth and intelligence and the fact he is marrying Dunya because she
is poor. If I thought he was capable of committing murder again I would agree
that he would kill him, but personally I don't think he is capable of it. Yea
he's having mental breakdowns and whatnot but I don't think he is mentally
capable of adding another person’s death to his conscience. It will destroy
him. I agree that it was a little strange that Rodia was engaged before. With
his self-absorbed and superiority complex I would think that he would have
either been forever single or at least have a very distinct taste in women, so I was
shocked that his mother described her as being ugly and whatnot. He is somewhat "socially awkward" but I would say that it is because he is very intelligent
possibly to the point where he has difficulty interacting with others. Also his
sense of superiority might make that difficult as well. I also found it interesting that Dunya wanted her brother to
be there when they were meeting up with her fiancé. I believe that she is purposefully
going against his wishes as a way to test Luzhin’s feelings toward her and to see how he would react to the situation. I find
Dunya to be a very intelligent and strong woman, and I believe she is someone
who defies the gender roles that were posed during the time that they are in
since though she is marrying for her sake I think she would not mind being alone
and being independent.
No comments:
Post a Comment