Sunday, November 10, 2013

Intolerable! (Rachael Marks)


Once again I will be subjected to ranting about this book. It still fails to entice me in any way and it still drags along. The thing that irks me lately is the names. Oh these names! They are so bothersome and confusing. One of the most challenging aspects of this book is that I have such a difficult time following what is going on because I do not know who is who. The names prevent me from connecting to certain characters and remembering who they are. It makes it very frustrating to read this novel. The worst part is that some of them look very similar and it becomes difficult to distinguish which person is actually being talked about without always keeping very close attention. After reading The Kite Runner today and being so amazed and depressed it was so annoying to be subjected to reading this book. I cannot stand it. I hate that I cannot stand it! Why is it so damn difficult for me to get into it? I love psychology and following the mindset of people, but it is so intolerable that I just cannot find anything that can keep my head from drifting off. I feel like I am just reading words at this point. I do not end up putting them together, I just read them and forget to make sense of them. Then I have to read certain sections over and over again. Maybe if I were able to read this book at another time I would find greater joy in it, but while reading it at the same time as various intriguing novels, it is just torterous. Maybe I am still upset about all of the other books I want to be reading right now, but this book has been hell.

I really do not know what else to say. I hate to attack books that I cannot understand. Maybe, I understand it too much and everything just seems boring about it. I am not very sure. I just feel awful for having the same complaints about it. I want to write about something different. I want to write something interesting and thoughtful about it. But here I go ranting along. I really do hope that this changes soon. I do not think I can rant any longer about this book without feeling like my posts are repetitive and insignificant.

No comments:

Post a Comment