Sunday, December 8, 2013
Comment on Alexia's Post
I agree with Alexia's opinion that the combination of Rodia's guilt and his writing this article further prove that he possesses a superiority complex. Rodia sees himself above humanity and society. He thinks of himself as a "superman" who is intellectually and physically superior to everybody around him. Due to this perspective of himself, Rodia justifies why he committed the murders: because he has the right to break any ethical or moral codes that society has instilled in it's people. The only thing I do not understand, is why is he like this? Too much love from his mother? That is the only possibility that I can think of. I honestly have no idea how to think of Rodia anymore. His emotional turmoil is exhausting to keep up with and now we have this whole article he wrote that basically tells us he thinks of himself as a God of some sort. The whole book is getting stranger and stranger with each page. Where and when did he even develop this theory of the "superman?" Why is this the first time we are hearing of it? I am not going to lie, it is quite a relief that we finally gain some insight into his erratic thoughts, but it is confusing and weird to read and think about at the same time. I like this book to a certain extent, but if Shap told us we did not have to read any further than we already have I would not be upset in the slightest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment