Sunday, February 23, 2014

Comment on Alexia's

The first thesis is similar to one of mine, I think this is a really cool topic. I love psychology and it is so interesting to see how what we know about psychology is portrayed in a human being and his actions. I think studying how he rationalizes and comes to all his conclusions from a psychology based standpoint will be very interesting for you to write.

I think that with the Superman thesis, you could connect that with NFTU. I think you could do this because NFTU is all about the narrator being superior, so you could make personality connections between Raskolnikov and the Underground man with their impressions of being superior and how that affects their behavior similarly and differently.

Just like with your second thesis, I think you could relate Raskolnikov's isolation from society with the Undeground man's isolation from society. Maybe you can even do one essay that has both of these topics -- I feel like it would be a fuller essay because you are looking at every aspect of Raskolnikov in Crime and Punishment, yet you are also adding on comparisons with another of Dostoevky's works and psychology.

Now that I've read your fourth thesis too, I think you should put together your 2,3, and 4th thesis to make one big essay studying Raskolnikov, Dostoevsky, and comparing the two novels. I feel like that would be an extremely strong essay that you could write TONS on.

No comments:

Post a Comment